Dreamweaver 8 template not updating

I can set up a site within a site on mine The paths weren't the issue.

It was that the other "Site" that I set up on the other drive didn't necessarily know that I was even using a template.

Dreamweaver CS6 Templates not updating pages since i copied the website to a new computer First i install CS6 on the new computercopy the projectsimport the websites Now, when i change any template the pages do not update any more.

I've got a new section for a website which I have generated for a data source and it has markup for using a Dreamweaver template.

When I add the new files and folders to the site , then update my template , it doesn't find the new files to update.

Imagine having to go through every page on a site with hundreds of pages, just to (say) add a new button to your navigation menu.

Here's where Dreamweaver CS5 shines in helping you automate the task of creating and maintaining a multi-page website.

I went to my site, refreshed my file and the template portion is still wrong (I’ve changed a link in my table of contents because I moved a file from a sub-directory up to the root level — not sure I’m using the correct language there). I read the article about finding all the pages that use the same template in order to ensure that my file was using that correct template. After you update your pages, any page that has changed will have to be uploaded.

So after changing the link in my template, the link is not changed in my index file. Remember only those elements from the template that are not in editable regions will be updated.

My site uses a template which holds a banner image at the top and a Table Of Contents down the left side of every page.

I updated the template file “mmuuf generic template.dwt” (and uploaded that file to the server — even though after reading your article I now realize I didn’t need to).

Dreamweaver is fine to use, it just depends on how you use it, I personally use it but I still hand-roll my code so I don't run into any issues with it making a mess of my code. I don't think I've used them since high school, but you need to (do something like) set up a "new site" in Dreamweaver that points to the copied folder. If that does not recognise that the page you updated has children it will likely be an issue because of the path of the files.

Tags: , ,